About Human Resources
Personnel / Payroll Division
THE MISSION OF THE PERSONNEL/PAYROLL DIVISION IS TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TO THE BOROUGH AND TO ENSURE ADEQUATE LEVELS OF HUMAN CAPITAL ARE AVAILABLE WHEN NEEDED. The division delivers human resources support to all Borough Departments, manages all personnel and payroll activities, ensuring full compliance with all federal and state laws.
Major Long-Term Issues and Concerns
Implement and maintain a quality personnel/payroll resource management system and maintain legal employment practices that support strategic Borough goals and fulfill workforce needs. Develop workforce strategic planning process and programs. Provide and coordinate meaningful employee training programs. Serve as liaison between management and the various unions. Upgrade and maintain Internet web site and continue development of Intranet and Internet self-service programs.
Objectives for FY 2011
- Provide human resource services for the Borough and its employees. Maintain current personnel, payroll, employment, and financial policies/practices to ensure compliance with changing federal and state law.
- Test and implement timecards online, establish processing procedures and initiate training to timekeepers, managers and Borough employees.
- Enhance employee and manager online self-service features. Redesign and maintain HR web site.
- Implement an applicant online service.
- Standardize language within job descriptions including the use of ADA language.
- Continue development of the Workforce Strategic Plan, including various components such as career laddering, staff training and development and retention strategies.
- Continue development of enhanced reporting methods to efficiently extract data for use in completing annual reporting projects.
- Manage grievances and contract interpretation. Respond to Labor Relations Agency and other Government Agency requests. Respond to ethics complaints.
- Coordinate EEO service function, ensuring that the Borough’s Affirmative Action Program provides fair and equitable treatment in all aspects of the employment process. Respond to Family Medical Leave (FML) and ADA reasonable accommodation requests and manage both programs.
- Continue support to the Policy Review Committee by reviewing and
updating Borough-wide policies and procedures, including maintaining
hard copy and electronic versions for easy access.