In both employment and the provision of services, the Fairbanks North Star Borough does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, creed, veteran's status, veteran's disability, physical disability, or mental disability.
The responsibilities of the EEO/Compliance Officer include:
- Manage the Borough's EEO and Affirmative Action programs, providing informational updates, program monitoring, outreach, assistance, training, and analysis to ensure fair and impartial treatment in recruitment, employment, promotion, training, and retention;
- Investigate and develop findings addressing EEO, ADA, and other discrimination complaints from employees and the public;
- Recommend corrective employment and service actions;
- Address ADA facility and service issues;
- Recommend and formulate FNSB policies;
- Oversee the Borough's compliance communication program.