Kitty Hensley's house was originally located at 932-Eighth Avenue. In 1914, Kitty’s friend Capt Smythe, a retired riverboat captain with excellent carpentry skills, remodeled
the cabin using lumber from his sternwheeler that had been damaged
during spring breakup. The house was moved to the Park in 1967.
The Pioneers of Alaska have furnished it with authentic
pieces of furniture from the period.