Items of Interest
- Regular Assembly Meeting on August 11, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
- Climate Action Committee on August 16, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
- Finance Committee and Committee of the Whole Worksession on August 18, 2022 beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Public Vacancies on Assembly Boards and Committees
Regional Emergency Services Advisory Committee (RESAC). The purpose of the RESAC is to review and monitor the provision of fire, emergency medical, and other emergency services in the borough, and make recommendations to the assembly. There are two vacancies for borough residents on the RESAC:
• Knowledge of Fire and Emergency Medical Services Representative. An individual that can adequately represent residents that have demonstrated knowledge in fire and emergency medical services.
• Rural Residents Representative. An individual that can adequately represent the interests of rural residents.
Board of Ethics. The purpose of the Board of Ethics is to review and consider Code of Ethics complaints. There is 1 vacancy on the Board of Ethics. Submit completed applications to the Borough Clerk's Office. Visit the Board of Ethics page for more information.
The Assembly Meeting Calendar to the right shows regular Assembly meetings, Finance Committee meetings, Committee of the Whole Worksessions, the Municipal Election date, candidate filing dates, and borough holidays.
Note: Other Assembly Committee meetings (Audit, Legislative Priorities, Assembly Regional Emergency Services, Assembly Road Service Area) and special Assembly meetings are shown on the Borough Calendar of Events as they are scheduled throughout the year.
Agendas, agenda packets, audio recordings of meetings, action memorandums, and minutes are available to view or download in the Agenda Center.
Agendas and agenda packets for meetings are available one week prior to a meeting, audio recordings are available the following day, action memorandums are available the following Monday, and minutes are available after Assembly approval.
Written communications with public officials are generally considered a public record and subject to disclosure (viewing and/or copying) pursuant to a public records request.
Written communications to individual Assemblymembers regarding current matters before the Assembly are copied to the full Assembly.
The legislative powers are vested in an Assembly. The Assembly is composed of nine elected officials. Each member is elected at-large to serve three-year staggered terms.