Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the recycling program and make programmatic recommendations to the Mayor;
- Make long-range reuse, reduction, and recycling policy recommendations to the Mayor and Assembly;
- Lead a public process to identify sustainability goals for the Borough, select metrics for monitoring progress toward meeting those goals, and annually report to the Mayor and Assembly at the end of January on the progress made for the previous year;
- In collaboration with agencies, private sector, engaged individuals, and others, monitor efforts focused on reducing our individual and collective ecological impacts and improving the economy, security and sustainability of our community and make recommendations to the Mayor and the Assembly regarding how to support or improve those efforts;
- Make recommendations to the Mayor on public purpose grants that promote sustainability goals of the Borough.
Meetings are held at least quarterly on the second Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m. This information will be routinely updated to reflect any upcoming meetings.
- Launch Zoom Webinar
- Webinar ID: 161 714 6552
- Passcode: 690709
- Telephone: 1 646 828 7666 or 833 568 8864 (Toll Free)
Citizens' Comments A
Agenda items not scheduled for public hearing
Citizens' Comments B
Items other than those appearing on the agenda
How to Provide Testimony
In-Person or Telephonic Testimony
Once an agenda is published, citizens may sign up to testify in person or telephonically by doing one of the following:
- Calling the Clerk's Office at 907-459-1401 no later than 4:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting;
- Completing the online sign-up form no later than 4:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting; or
- Signing up in person before the meeting has been called to order.
During the meeting the Chair will invite citizens to the table or ask the Clerk to call citizens when it is their turn to speak. Please note the following:
- Phone calls to citizens will come from an out-of-state number.
- If a phone call is not answered, the Chair will move to the next citizen who has signed up.
- Testimony will be heard in the order which citizens have signed up.
- Each citizen will have three minutes to provide testimony.
- Other citizens attending in person may provide comments after those who have signed up.
|Commissioner||Contact Information||Term Expiration|
|Jimmy Fox||(907) 978-3976||12/22|
|Wyatt Hurlbut||(907) 978-8093||12/22|
|Brett Parks - Chair||(907) 301-7303
|Sara Harriger||(907) 750-5239
|Krystal Lapp||(907) 799-4447
|Ariane Glover - Vice-Chair||(907) 385-2716||12/24|
- FY21 CRF 3rd Qtr update
- 2012 Recycling Survey Results (PDF)
- 2015 Composting Feasibility Study (PDF)
- 2015 PDC Recycling Plan and Analysis (PDF)
- 2018 Commission Statement on Commercial Recycling Fees (PDF)
- 2018 Sustainability Liaisons (PDF)
- 2018 Sustainability Plan (PDF)
- Resolution 2018-001 Recommending the Purchase of a Horizontal Baler at the Central Recycling Facility (PDF)
- Resolution 2018-002 Supporting Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) Ordinance 2018-12 Regarding Urban Agriculture (PDF)
- Resolution 2019-01 a Resolution Supporting HB 81, An Act Prohibiting Disposable Plastic Shopping Bags (PDF)
- Resolution 2019-02 A Resolution Calling for Action on the Climate Change Crisis (PDF)