Participate in the Young Reader's Choice Award (YRCA)! The award was established in 1940 by Harry Hartman, a Seattle bookseller, who believed every student should have an opportunity to select a book that gives him or her pleasure. The YRCA is sponsored by the Pacific Northwest Library Association and continues to be the longest-running children’s choice book award. It is also the only international award with young readers in both the United States and Canada participating in the program.
Find the books:
Visit our catalog to search for a book or put in on hold.
Vote for your favorites:
Beginning September 1, 2021 vote HERE.
Questions? Contact the Young Adult Librarian at 907-459-1107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Book Selector Service: Tell us about what you enjoy and our Young Adult Librarian will pick books, DVDs, and other materials just for you.
- Grab-and-Go Bundles: Request a surprise grab bag of popular YA fiction, nonfiction, and graphic novels.
- School project? Book a Librarian for research help! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Live Homework Help from the Alaska State Library
- Teen Health Resources from the Alaska Medical Library
- Alaska Youth Law Guide from the Alaska Bar Association
- Homeschooling Resources from the Alaska State Library @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 2020-2021 Battle of the Books Lists for Middle School and High School
- 2020 Teen's Top Ten Titles YALSA's Teen Choice list: teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year
- Suggest a Book for next year's Teen's Top Ten list @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>